Former Senator Shehu Sani has criticized the ministerial list of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, saying that it is a “big disappointment.”
Sani, a human rights activist, was particularly critical of the inclusion of former Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai in the list. He said that el-Rufai is a “tragedy” and that his inclusion in the list shows that Tinubu is not interested in competence.
In his words: “With the nominations which I have seen, the one representing Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, is a tragedy.”
Sani also said that the list indicates that Tinubu is more interested in appeasing former governors than bringing competent people to serve the country. He said that Nigerians have suffered in the last eight years under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and that the president should know this is the best time to prove his competence and capacity to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Sani’s criticism of the ministerial list will likely add to the pressure on Tinubu to change the list. Whether Tinubu will heed Sani’s criticism and make changes to the list remains to be seen.
Here are some additional details about the story:
- The ministerial list was released on Thursday, July 7, 2023.
- The list includes 28 nominees, including four former governors.
- The list has mixed reactions, with some people praising it and others criticizing it.
- Shehu Sani is a former senator who represented Kaduna Central in the National Assembly.
- Sani is a human rights activist and a vocal critic of the government.