According to the Daily Mail report on Friday, Mika died shortly after receiving anesthesia from the beautician, and it was reported that she passed away within ten minutes of the administration.
The cosmetologist responsible for the procedure, Uma M, was operating out of her home and has since been placed under house arrest as the police investigated the sudden death.
It was revealed that Mika and the beautician were friends, and she had agreed to undergo the £154 procedure, despite Uma M’s lack of proper qualifications. The beautician claimed to have obtained her knowledge from a two-week course.
During the investigation, Uma M admitted to using lidocaine, a local anesthetic, on Mika’s skin and inquired about any potential allergies she might have had.
Despite lacking a license for cosmetic surgery, the former waitress-turned-beautician was reportedly offering lip, cheek, and buttock enlargement treatments.
The Russian Investigative Committee said: “A 22-year-old resident of Makhachkala, while visiting her friend, who performs cosmetic procedures at home, died on the spot after the administration of an anesthetic.
“Currently, all the circumstances of the incident are being established.”
Mika’s friend said he had urged her not to undergo the buttocks procedure, which the Uma M had advertised.
“The beautician who was supposed to perform the operation only recently received a certificate.
“She completed a two-week course and became a cosmetologist. Prior to that, she was doing lash extensions,” he said.