According to a reliable source, President Bola Tinubu has made 20 new appointments just three weeks after his previous major appointments.
The newly appointed individuals include senior special assistants (SSAs), personal assistants (PAs), physicians, and photographers.
Among the fresh appointees are Tunde Rahman, an experienced journalist who has been designated as SSA (Media), Abdulaziz Abdulaziz (SSA Print Media), and Ibrahim Masari (SSA Political).
Others on the list include Adekunle Tinubu as the Personal Physician; Damilotun Aderemi as the Senior Special Assistant (Private Secretary); Toyin Subair as the Senior Special Assistant (Domestic); O’tega Ogra as the Senior Special Assistant (Digital/New Media); Demola Oshodi as the Senior Special Assistant (Protocol); Tope Ajayi as the Senior Special Assistant (Media & Public Affairs); Yetunde Sekoni as the Senior Special Assistant; Motunrayo Jinadu as the Senior Special Assistant; Segun Dada as the Special Assistant (Social Media); and Paul Adekanye as the Special Assistant (Logistics).
The list also includes Friday Soton as the Special Assistant (Housekeeping); Shitta-Bey Akande as the Special Assistant (Catering); Nosa Asemota as the Special Assistant (Visual Communication) Personal Photographer; Kamal Yusuf as the Personal Assistant (Special Duties); Wale Fadairo as the Personal Assistant (General Duties); Sunday Moses as the Personal Assistant (Videography); and Taiwo Okanlawon as the Personal Assistant (State Photographer).
It has been learned that Mr. Tinubu has already issued appointment letters to some of the newly appointed aides.
Mr. Rahman previously served as the media aide and chief of staff to Mr. Tinubu before he was elected president. He was the political editor of the Daily Times and later held key editorial positions at the Punch newspaper and ThisDay newspaper. He recently obtained an MBA from the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom.
Mr. Abdulaziz, hailing from Kano State, has worked for Leadership, Blueprint, Premium Times, and, most recently, Daily Trust. He joined the media team of the APC/Tinubu Campaign Organisation after serving as a media aide to the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, who was recently appointed as the national security adviser.
Temitope Ajayi is a public relations expert and writer who contributed to the Tinubu campaign and has a longstanding association with the Tinubu Media Office. He is also affiliated with the Western Post newspaper owned by Tunde Rahman. He pursued his studies at the Lagos Business School and Obafemi Awolowo University.
Mr. Masari, originally from Katsina State, served as Mr. Tinubu’s temporary running mate before Vice President Kashim Shettima was selected as the official vice presidential candidate of the APC for the February 25th election.
Mr. Ogra, who was appointed, was previously the head of corporate communication at the BUA Group. He is highly regarded in the corporate communication sector and is an alumnus of Babcock University. Before joining BUA in 2015, he was the corporate communications manager at GTBank, head of brand management at Wema Bank, and head of the corporate communications and digital marketing unit.
These new appointments mark the third significant round of appointments made by Mr. Tinubu since his inauguration on May 29th.
On June 2nd, Mr. Tinubu appointed the secretary to the government of the federation, chief of staff, and deputy chief of staff.
On June 15th, he appointed eight advisers, including Dele Alake as the special adviser on special duties, communications, and strategy and Wale Edun as the special adviser on monetary policies.
Furthermore, on June 19th, he made another round of appointments, including the national security adviser, service chiefs, and the inspector general of police.
Last Friday, Mr. Tinubu established a committee on tax reforms chaired by Taiwo Oyedele, the Fiscal Policy Partner and Africa Tax Leader at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC).
Please find below the complete list of the newly appointed aides:
- Dr. Adekunle Tinubu – Personal Physician to President Tinubu
- Tunde Rahman – Senior Special Assistant (Media)
- Damilotun Aderemi – Senior Special Assistant (Private Secretary)
- Ibrahim Masari – Senior Special Assistant (Political Matters)
- Toyin Subair – Senior Special Assistant (Domestic)
- Abdulaziz Abdulaziz – Senior Special Assistant (Print Media)
- Demola Oshodi – Senior Special Assistant (Protocol)
- Tope Ajayi – Senior Special Assistant (Media & Public Affairs)
- Yetunde Sekoni – Senior Special Assistant
- Motunrayo Jinadu – Senior Special Assistant
- Segun Dada – Special Assistant (Social Media)
- Paul Adekanye – Special Assistant (Logistics)
- Friday Soton – Special Assistant (Housekeeping)
- Mrs. Shitta-Bey Akande – Special Assistant (Catering)
- Nosa Asemota – Special Assistant (Visual Communication), Personal Photographer
- Kamal Yusuf – Personal Assistant (Special Duties)
- Wale Fadairo – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
- Sunday Moses – Personal Assistant (Videography)
- Taiwo Okanlawon – Personal Assistant (State Photographer)
- O’tega Ogra – Senior Special Assistant (Digital/New Media)