Today, Senate President Godswill Akpabio unveiled the names of eight lawmakers who will serve as majority and minority leaders in the 10th Senate.
The majority leaders hail from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), while the minority leaders represent various opposition parties.
This announcement eases concerns about potential conflicts of interest between lawmakers aligned with the Presidency and those running independently.
Here are the principal officers for the 10th Senate:
- Opeyemi Bamidele – Senate Majority Leader (Ekiti Central, APC)
- Dave Umahi – Deputy Majority Leader (Ebonyi South, APC)
- Ali Ndume – Chief Whip (Borno South, APC)
- Lola Ashiru – Deputy Whip (Kwara South, APC)
- Mwadkwon Davou – Senate Minority Leader (Plateau North, PDP)
- Kamorudeen Olarere – Deputy Minority Leader (Osun West, PDP)
- Darlington Nwokeocha – Senate Minority Whip (Abia Central, LP)
- Rufai Hanga – Deputy Minority Whip (Kano Central, NNPP)