Today, June 29, marks the completion of one month since President Bola Tinubu assumed leadership from President Muhammadu Buhari. During this period, President Bola Tinubu has undertaken several notable actions since his inauguration at Aso Rock. Here are ten of those significant endeavors:
- On June 1, President Bola Tinubu held a meeting with the country’s security Chiefs. During this gathering, he unveiled plans for extensive reforms aimed at restructuring the nation’s security architecture.
- On June 2, President Bola Tinubu appointed Femi Gbajabiamila, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as his Chief of Staff. Additionally, he designated George Akume as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
- On June 6, President Bola Tinubu engaged in discussions with the Health Workers’ Union, represented by the Joint Health Sector Unions. His persuasive efforts resulted in the suspension of their 12-day-old strike.
- On June 7, President Bola Tinubu instructed the National Economic Council, led by Vice President Kashim Shettima, to formulate interventions aimed at alleviating the impact of subsidy removal on Nigerians.
- On June 8, President Bola Tinubu, in response to the removal of the fuel subsidy announced in his inaugural speech on May 29, held a meeting with representatives of major oil marketers’ associations. The objective was to address concerns and ensure a consistent supply of fuel products in the country.
- On June 9, President Bola Tinubu assented to the electricity bill, which grants states, companies, and individuals the authority to generate, transmit, and distribute electricity.
- On June 10, President Bola Tinubu temporarily suspended Mr. Godwin Emefiele, the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, from his position.
- On June 12, President Bola Tinubu signed the student loan bill into law, allowing Nigerian students in tertiary institutions to access interest-free loans.
- On June 19, President Bola Tinubu issued a directive for the immediate retirement of all service chiefs and the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba.
- On June 20, President Bola Tinubu engaged in meetings with notable individuals, including Bill Gates, the Co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; Aliko Dangote, the President of the Aliko Dangote Foundation, and Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, the Founder and Global Chairman of BHARTI AIRTEL Africa Group.